- To find the Applications folder on your Mac computer, use the Finder tool.
- You can also use the Go menu or Spotlight search to find Applications on Mac.
- For easier access, add frequently used applications to your Dock.
The Applications folder is one of the default folders on your Mac that helps make your computer easier to navigate.
However, for those who are new Mac users, finding the Applications folder can be a small challenge.
Here’s what you’ll need to do to access your Applications folder, and how to optimize the Dock at the bottom of your screen for easy access to the apps you use most.
How to find the Applications folder on your Mac
Your Applications folder holds all of those applications that make your computer such a valuable tool. Here’s how to quickly and easily find them on your Mac in a few different ways.
1. Click the Finder app — it looks like a blue and white face and is located in your Dock.
2. Select Applications in the left sidebar.
Using Go menu
On the top bar of your Mac, select Go and then Applications in the dropdown menu.
Press Command + Spacebar and type Applications; select the result that appears.
How to add applications to your Dock
Although your Applications folder can be a good way to find various applications, pinning your most used apps to your Dock can be convenient. Here’s how to get it done.
1. Open the application you want to keep in your dock — it will appear to the right of the apps already pinned to your Dock.
2. Right-click the application icon in your Dock and select Options and then Keep in Dock.